Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A New Breed of Chinese Women

So I met this cute Chinese girl via Facebook recently, and yesterday while walking to lunch with Turtle I got a text message from the girl asking me if I was walking outside near some hotel wearing a red t-shirt and coincidentally enough I was. She randomly spotted me from the bus she was riding on, and after a few more text messages we planned on meeting up.

We traded messages back and forth, chatted on Skype every once in a while, but this was to be our first meeting. I knew from her Facebook profile that she was different from other girls. She was a part-time model and spoke many different languages. Her favorite TV shows and music were definitely western. She was def not your typical Chinese girl so I had no idea what to expect.

She met me at my apartment and although I began to speak Chinese with her, she replied in fluent English. It took me back for a minute, and even Turtle did not know what to say. He mentioned later that night, he felt weird because it was the first time he spoke in all English to a native Chinese person. This has NEVER happened before.

Anyway, after giving the grand tour of my apartment I asked her if she would help me buy some new things. I wanted to get a new futon covering, but she insisted on taking me to some place where she recently bought clothes. In China it is easy to tell who has money, and judging by this girl’s style, you knew off the bat she was not scared to spend. What took me by surprise was when she took me to a near condemned building that was selling clothes for the pennies.

I assumed after checking out my pad and then chatting about the latest fashion while walking around this dirty ass building we would go our separate ways. But she took me for another loop when she asked what I wanted to do next. I had no idea so she said “lets do something really Chinese and go drink tea.” We ended up chilling at a tea spot for almost 2 hours, discussing everything from the “cool kids” in high school, to religion. I was amazed at her grasp of the English language with some of the more complicated issues we discussed.

Again, after tea she asked me what I wanted to do. This time I was prepared and asked her if she had ever been go-karting. She was intrigued because she had never done been before, so I called up Turtle and we were off to the racetrack.

After finishing that we had a BBQ dinner and if I had not said I needed to go home, I question whether she would be sitting here now. On the way back home with Turtle we were discussing how an afternoon of meeting up real quick turned into almost an 8-hour affair. “She just kept asking what we were going to do next!” I told him.

Definitely the most interesting girl I have met in China thus far, and I have a feeling there will be more like her. I think I love this new breed of girl.

And no, she isnt slutty. She has just confirmed that she's a virgin. I dont know if I want to be her first.

No comments: